Saturday 17 November 2012

wim wenders research

  • Wim Wenders was born on 17 August 1945.
  • He is a German film director, playwright, author, photographer and film producer.
  • Since 1996, he has been the president of the European Film Academy in Berlin.
  • The style of his work is Abstract.
  • Most of Wim Wenders' photographs are created during his personal travels and while location-scouting for his films. A great part of the resulting body of work has been published in several books and exhibited in museums and galleries all over the world.
  • i have chosen this phtoographer because i found his photography really nice and simple and i really like his black and white images.
This is Wim Wender
 
Here are examples of some of Wim Wenders work.

I carried out some research into existing photographers to get some ideas and inspirations in terms of style and techniques.I used a website called 'thephotoraphyteacher.com, which has a section on many different photographers. I selected abstract/conept as this was an area i was interested in for my work and i chose to look at work of Wim Wenders. I chose his work because of the dramatic use of black and white, because of the amazing use of high and low contrast and also the way he puts different photos together to create a collage. All his photos seem to be dark in their own way. I searched for images of his work using google and Wikipedia and a website that has his biography in order for me to understand his work and ideas more clearly. This research was completed to give me ideas and inspirations but to also show me how different photographers style and compose their photograph. It is clear that Wim Wenders loves dark photos which links to theme of love or hate. I was interested in researching her because of his style and i also like it because his work is eye catching.        

No comments:

Post a Comment